Ford India has revamped the Fiesta Classic lineup doing away with the Fiesta moniker and re-christening the Ford Fiesta Classic as the new Ford Classic. Apart from the change in name, the new Ford Classic also brings a range of features to this sedan while also lowering the price by about Rs. 70,000, over the previous Fiesta Classic SXi trim.
The new Ford Classic sedan will continue to be available in both petrol and diesel variants, with the petrol engine being the 1.6 Liter naturally aspirated Duratec petrol engine capable of delivering 101 PS-146 Nm. The diesel counterpart of the new Ford Classic is the 1.4 Liter TDCI turbo diesel engine is good for 68 PS-160 Nm. Both the engines are mated to a five speed manual gearbox.
Moving on to the features, the new Ford Classic gets quite a few upgrades borrowed from Ford India’s best selling car model, the Figo hatchback. The top end variants get ABS and airbags as standard along with a host of other features. The lowered price tag and added features will also ensure that the Ford Classic continues to perform well when placed alongside its fellow C-segment competitors, the Maruti Swift Dzire, the Toyota Etios Sedan and the Tata Manza.
2012 Ford Classic Titanium Key Features
- Dual tone beige and black interiors
- Chromed front grille
- Audio unit with integrated bluetooth and ipod connectivity
- Speed sensing volume control for audio
- Rear chrome boot handle
- Chromed wing mirrors with integrated indicators
- Chromed body side mouldings
- Programmable keyless entry (as in the Ford Figo)
- All new alloy wheel design
- Activation hazard warning lights during panic braking