French Automaker Renault has now entered into the compact car segment in India with the launch of the new 2012 Renault Pulse. The Renault Pulse will be available in two variants with the base variant priced at Rs. 5.77 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
The new Renault Pulse in essence is a re-badged Nissan Micra. Visual changes include a new sharper front fascia and mild alterations to the rear end. Beneath the sheets of metal, both cars are almost entirely the same with Renault Pulse sharing its lightweight V-platform chassis, suspension and gearbox with the Nissan Micra.
What the Renault Pulse does not share with the Micra is its K9K 1.5-litre diesel engine that is capable of churning out 63bhp and 16.3kgm torque. There is however no petrol engine on offer with the Pulse. The Pulse gets an ARAI-certified fuel efficiency figure of 23.08kpl.
Renault is currently offering 2+2 year 80,000km warranty and 24 hour roadside and navigation assistance with the Renault Pulse.
2012 new Renault Pulse – Variants and Price in India :
- Renault Pulse RxL diesel : Rs. 5.77 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi)
- Renault Pulse RxZ diesel : Rs. 6.25 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi)
New Renault Pulse Features list :
- Airbag (driver side for RxL and dual for RxZ)
- Power steering
- Power windows
- Follow-me headlamps
- Central locking
- Automatic start-stop button (RxZ only)
- Auto climate control (RxZ only)
- Rear defogger with timer (RxZ only)
- Roof spoiler (RxZ only)
- Front fog lamps (RxZ only)